ACP Trainee Support (ACP Ready)
Offers support and funding for practices to employ and train an ACP over their first two years whilst working towards completing the MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, mainly via the apprenticeship route.
Suitable for Registered Nurses or Allied Health Professionals such as Paramedics, Physiotherapists and Pharmacists developing advanced clinical roles in primary care.
Includes regular group peer-support/ learning sessions.
When is it available?
The application process for ACP training funding is now open for 2023/24 courses within Yorkshire and Humber, to apply for HEE support to train Advanced Practitioners.
The application form can be found here: https://healtheducationyh.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/acp-application-2324
Further details can be found in the North East & Yorkshire Faculty Handbook. Please note this includes details on the new training grant offer for 23/24.
Key points to note from the NEY Faculty:
- The North East & Yorkshire Faculty Handbook contains details about the funding offer from HEE, employers’ responsibilities/commitments and how to apply. If after reading these you still have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the document is a live document and may have updates added as and when.
- The deadline to apply was 31st March 2023, however the faculty will continue to accept applications if there is remaining funding
- Each organisation applying must nominate a single contact to lead on the ACP process and act as a key liaison for all enquiries relating to ACPs. All applications must be approved and submitted by the same lead contact.
- You will be required to submit a job description and job plan for your trainee ACP(s) upon applying, to ensure your application is considered. Please note applications that are not completed in full or do not provide a JD/PS will be returned.
- If you require any support completing the form or have any issues accessing the form, please email: email@example.com
- Please note once funding is confirmed, organisations need to apply to their preferred HEI and follow their application process.
To enable the training hub to support your application please copy us in firstname.lastname@example.org when you email the job description as per the instructions in the application form. This will enable us to help if there are any enquiries around the job description and support your applicants.
For 2024/25 courses, the application window will open in December 2023 – details will be shared once available.
How long is it?
3 year apprenticeship (Year 1 & 2 involve weekly teaching, Year 3 involves a dissertation)
The preferred route of training is the ACP Apprenticeship, however, if candidates do not meet the criteria, the faculty can look at alternative funding for the traditional route.
The scheme is open to the full variety of roles which practices may choose to develop into an ACP, examples include:
- Registered Nurses developing into an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
Practices who wish to support their staff to undertake a University ACP Masters programme should give careful consideration to how they will supervise and support their staff member as they complete the clinical element of these programmes; putting key learning into practice and moving into new ACP roles with the practice upon completion of their studies. Practices taking part in the scheme will develop an educational plan for the new ACP and have a named appropriate supervisor within the practice.
Information on Advanced Practice and the ACP Framework can be found here:
Welcome | Advanced Practice
The scheme also offers further support from the training hub, including regular peer-group support forums for linking in with peers, covering requested clinical topics and case based discussion learning.
For more information, please download our Info Pack and available resources below.
What funding is available?
The course primarily available as an apprenticeship, with fees funded via apprenticeship levy funding – for more details please see the HCV Apprenticeship Toolkit below.
A HEE training grant of £10,200 per ACP per year is also currently available.
How can I find out more or express interest?
Email – email@example.com
Phone – 01482 303986
Or click on the button below