We are pleased to be able to offer funded theoretical training for new cervical sample takers involved in the NHS Cervical Screening Programme based on the guidance developed by Public Health England. The aim of the training is to provide practitioners with the latest evidence-based knowledge to be able to confidently advise on, and undertake cervical samples.
Cervical Screening Training
- July 2023 – Now fully subscribed
– Find full details and application form here
- January 2023 – This will be solely for New-to-Practice Nurses and NAs on the VTS Scheme
- March 2024 – Dates and an application form will be available once confirmed
Places will be allocated on a fair share basis across the region
If you would like to go on our waiting list for information as soon as new information is released please get in touch on email@example.com
How do I apply?
- To apply please completed and return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis, last booking date for the November course is 13th October 2022.
- Places are fully funded by NHS England for Practice Nurses/NAs employed within Humber and North Yorkshire.
How long does the training take and what does it entail?
Initial training takes place over 2 days, a theory session, followed by a practical session.
Following initial training you will have 9 months to complete the practical training within your practice. You will be allocated an assessor who will visit to complete an initial assessment, then a final assessment following the required number of adequate samples. You will also need to identify an in-house mentor for support.
I’m interested in becoming a Cervical Screening Assessor, how do I get involved?
If you are interested in being a Cervical Screening Assessor please contact us on email@example.com.
A form for entry to the HCV Cervical Screening Assessor Register can be found here.
How can I find out more?
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 01482 303986
Or click on the button below